• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

What's on your menu?

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Yep nicked your idea @SwanSong

Breakfast is going to be avocado on toast today and probably tomorrow as I need to eat them up!

Need to meal plan dinners, so I'll come back to this once I've figured out what I'm having
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I had duck egg quiche with broccolini and baby potatoes for lunch. With white sauce. Everything with white sauce lately!!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I'm trying to use up what's in the freezer, so I think I'll have curry tonight as I know that is in there. Probably do mash potatoes tomorrow and Wednesday, with a pie and sausages, use those up. Not sure yet about the rest of the week, I have plenty of chips in the freezer so I'll definitely have those with something one night.
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
Salmon pasta with zucchini, dill, and carrot. Kinda bland so I might add some spices to the leftovers tomorrow.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Coco pops for breakfast! And then coffee in my coco pops travel mug :D
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Yesterday's curry ended up being pie with roast potatoes!

Am going to do mash tonight with cream cheese mixed in as I have a pot of that to use up.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have over a kilo of chicken to deal with tonight. I plan to freeze some but cook it before I do, if I have the oven on anyway I might as well do the lot. Thinking satay kebabs for the freezer, chicken schnitzel, baked breast for sandwiches, and something else... maybe curry since ya put it in my mind!! OH but I can't cos I didn't get any curry paste COS I DIDNT MAKE A LIST.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Just about to make some pasta with chicken. I really liked the low carb lifestyle, but carbs are so much cheaper!! I can see the fat rolls on my arms already.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
The last of my avocados for breakfast today, got leftover mash for dinner, might do it with a pie, got some tenderstem broccoli so that and gravy.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Expensive blueberry yogurt, while the cheap stuff goes off in the fridge... and then a plate of choc chip cookies with peanut butter and milk. Not moving now.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I had some leftover pasta so mixed it with cheese, tuna and asparagus for lunch.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Pub for dinner tonight, not sure what the options are yet, but Mum is paying so it'll be a cheap and cheerful meal!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have the most horrific heartburn from pasta :( I had forgotten how bad it is after I had avoided it for a while, but I have two packs in the pantry to use and I thought oh well since I am already on the bread this week, might as well. OUCH! Its so, so bad and nothing is soothing it so far. It really interfered with my work in the garden too. I'm so devo because I was really enjoying this easy cooking and cleaning lately!

So.. more blueberry yogurt tonight - but for some reason I am craving spicy hot Chinese food, HARD but I am not gona risk that making my burny body worse!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
NO MORE BREAD, OATS AND PASTA! The reaction in me is horrific. I am still in pain from eating it last week! So tonight is more blueberry yogurt. My last tub! I still have more than half a loaf of bread left and a whole pack of pasta and oats- that's going to the ducks!

Made a shopping list. Putting more yogurt on it and a note to myself NOT to be stingy and just get the expensive full fat good stuff rather than watered down low fat vanilla that doesn't sooth my stomach. I get into the store and go straight into povo mode looking for specials and bulk buys, but that food is killing me. I am all caught up with my other bills, so I can manage it. With the weather getting warmer, I eat less anyway. And I have broadbeans, lettuce and heaps of herbs growing in the garden for me to eat. My neighbour tells me to come help myself to his garden too. I really should make another quiche because my duck eggs will be too old soon.

Thankfully, I also finished off that pack of awful chicken kiev balls. Literally forced those grotty little balls down. Never again! I love chicken kiev but I am going back to making it from scratch! Screw the pre-packaged stuff! Yuck!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
For my s11 finale night - Maccas :D so, whats in pasta that is NOT in maccas? Cos I don't react to maccas... I get a bit of a high from maccas.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
For my s11 finale night - Maccas :D so, whats in pasta that is NOT in maccas? Cos I don't react to maccas... I get a bit of a high from maccas.
Actual food?

Something potato based tonight for me as have some baby potatoes to use up
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Just had some yogurt for desert. I do still have icecream in the freezer, but that fancy honeycomb twist yogurt was more appealing. These crazy flavour yogurts are defo growing on me! Picked a bunch of mandarins from my tree too, but know I cant have too many of them. Too much citrus gives me a migraine.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I looked up what is in pasta, and its pretty much the same as what is in maccas, except maccas has WAY more fat! I think that is the important bit, my anxious belly likes the fat content. Fat is soothing :D

I have lunch in the oven now. Picked some herbs from the garden and chopped them up and mixed with tuna and cheese. The asparagus from the shops right now is delicious! And cheap. So I have 3 sticks of that in the dish too.

I have mandarins to eat too, but I have a bit of a headache so wont have more than one today.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I want cake!

I'll have something with potatoes again for dinner, need to use up the last of the baby potatoes.
 
Top Bottom