Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.
We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.
MaybeCan someone explain podcasts to me.
Kinda. They can be anything. Think of them as youtube without the tube. There have, if I am not mistaken, been podcasts turned into movies and TV shows they have been so good. They can be anything from a debate on current affairs, a lecture about calculus or an modern equivalent of an old time radio program like The Shadow, etc.Are they mini radio shows or audio books?
Both. Either. For instance with iTunes you can automatically download them when a new one is released. Others you can stream. Some you have to pay to subscribe to.Do you gave to download each one or can you stream them?
I like the idea of educational ones, just learning a little thing new everyday, but nothing heavy and hard to understand. I'll have to look around and see what I can find to maybe download onto my phone.
They aren't that great... if you know nothing of the topic they might be good, but they are kinda 'weak'I've found that the Open University do podcasts that are fairly short, no more that 10 minutes each and you can do a variety of topics. It looks like you choose a subject and they have a mini course on it with each module being a podcast.
Oh indeed! I never thought that little bear would be so funny.Ted Talks should be interesting though
I tried the Ted Talks podcast but didn't like it, it was a real disappointment compared to the videos.
Intelligence Squared is quite good though. A lot of interesting debates and stuff.
BBCs "In Our Time" series are great too.