• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Whats on your box?

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Teen wolf and Grimm were both shows that I had to start at s4 to be hooked into. When everyone was an established character, the story seemed MUCH better haha.

I tried Black Sails, the pirate show yesterday. Probably ran 4 or 5 episodes and I have no idea what has happened besides lots of "argh" yelling gore scenes and women doing all the work sex scenes. It had been recommended to me but it just cant keep my attention at all.

I have Lego Masters on today. Just let it run on the tv while I do house and garden work. Good show for that purpose. I get so much more done when I have something already running for when I need a break.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Mindhunter. This show is stressful!

Masterchef AU has begun again. Feels like it only just finished. Already got a fave - the original winner. Want her to win again! But I think the amount of air time shes getting indicates an early exit. Thats if the Survivor editing is anything to go by.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
As well as Supernatural I have A series of unfortunate events that I'm watching, started watching it years ago and decided to restart it again.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Glow. How did this get 3 seasons when altered carbon and The OA only got two waaaa.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
New Amsterdam. Not helping my hospital fears lol. But I am beginning to see the bold and beautiful type appeal of the dramaHaHa. This is not quite as bad as chigago med, but very, very in your face pushy about its politics. Seems "young" as well, like young writers maybe? The show tries to be clever but ends up obnoxious more often than not. Some of the storylines are almost exactly the same as chigago med, which are almost exactly the same as ER. The fat psych on New Amsterdam is much more messed up in the head than the fat psych in chigago med.

Also been catching up on Lego Masters. Very wholesome family fun. Can usually pick BrickMans faves from the very first episode.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Alaskan Bush People - this is my new bates family show! Haha. Loved the first season, so much went wrong for them, a family of chaos. And yet they just keep going! As the show progressed, they obviously had a lot more money to throw around, it lost that early charm. Production gets more and more involved and its far more staged but Im already sucked in to see what happens next. I did google ahead as there are only 4 seasons on free to air, so watching stuff unfold when I know what happens to some can be a bit sad at times. Watching Matt slowly lose it reminds me to pray.

100 days wild - another Alaskan bush show. But this one is random people trying to build an off grid community. What really strikes me is that the couple who started it do not want community, they want slaves. They want stuff done their way and on their timeline and it is not a free or forgiving society.

The young ones of the group do as they are told, while the older ones are not so keen to follow blindly. I dont think this is going to end as planned and I dont see the older dudes sticking around to be bossed around.

Also, learning again that I dont wear enough clothes in winter. Early on with comparable weather, they are SO much more rugged up than I have ever been. So maybe if I keep myself warmer in winter, I wont suffer so much in summer. I just enjoy the cool on my skin SO much and clothes are so restricting having grown up wearing very few, but I dread summer like they dread winter so I want to make sure I am as best prepared as I can be!

Big Brother AU - they only sucked me in cos Tully!! She was on the old version, the token lesbian who fell in love with a man in the house and seemed to forget the cameras were everywhere. They brought her back with the (now ex) man she loved and the other guy who voted her out. Those three are so entertaining, but I hate the new format and dont get to see the bits I want to see. They sucked me in this season. And I hate it but love Tully.

Gone off masterchef this season until bloody Harry is kicked off. She is terrible and the judges just keep loving her cos of her "im so poor I can only afford vegetables" spiel. Ugh dude if you were that poor, you could NOT afford vegetables!
 
Last edited:

s k

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
82
Age
52
Location
Sweden
Still not many shows at the moment that keeps my interest for more than a few episodes.
Not sure why.

I just started season 4 of Stranger Things though.
Also began another re-watch of Stargate SG-1. Good background and falling asleep TV.

/SK
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I just watched stranger things as well. One of the better seasons, although this s4 volume 2 thing is a pain in the assbutt. Will there be 14 episodes all up, or only another 3? All this chopping and changing of episode and season lengths really messes with the flow of it. I thought it would be a 3 day watch for me. Went outside with the dog and it was over! I missed big chuncks cos after 45 mins on the couch, Im ready to get up and cant be bothered waking up the laptop to pause it.

Besides all that, the story was pretty good, the music is now firmly in my childhood era and the characters wernt nearly as annoying as usual.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
The Crown, all the Royal stuff happening at the moment has drawn me in, only watched a couple of episodes and keep getting distracted by Matt Smith!
 

s k

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
82
Age
52
Location
Sweden
Started season 3 of The Orville.
As someone said. The best Star Trek show on TV right now. :)

/SK
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Snowflake mountain - a bunch of spoilt rich kids go glamping and win a prize at the end. Not worth watching, they dont even suffer that much. Sounded like it would be funny but it was just as boring as watching year 9 camp from the sidelines.

Water Rats - old aussie cop drama. All the issues are current, but the phones and tech arnt.

Got back on to Masterchef AU cos that awful Harry is gone, enjoying it muchly again. Julie FTW.

Gone off Big Brother AU cos Tully got evicted. A bit nice to have a rest from the mon-wed free to air drag haha. And I dont have to stay off twitter all arvo and evening anymore.

The Black Balloon (movie) - this was great. I wonder why it didnt attract the huge backlash of other movies on the same topic, maybe it was just made before it was an issue. I liked it anyway.

Animal Kingdom S6 I will watch it as long as it goes. Hard to know how much story is left before everyone ends up dead or in jail. Either way, was fun to follow. I still havent seen the original aussie movie it was based on. I doubt I would read the book just cos I rarely read now days.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Umbrella academy - whoever did the sound and music for this is a total arsehole. Stop with the tinnitus!! This show is proof that I will watch any sci fi/fantasy crap.

My Brilliant Career - I didn't get it.

Uranium, twisting the dragons tail. Started out funny cos he was trying to make uranium sound sexy, but then slowly the nuclear stuff sprawled out and it was a pretty sad. I enjoyed the series anyway.

House of Maxwell - the backstory. I knew snippets but this put it all together. Im only 2 eps in but I'll defo watch the rest. As twisted as its about to get.

Hidden Life of Pets - everyone go watch this! It has Bini the Bunny AND Bunny the talking dog. Two of our insta faves! Loved it
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
RAMS on Netflix. This was cute, worth watching for me. It was cool to see the real world on tv. Finally some "representation" haha. Houses like mine, the land, heck the characters are just about my neighbours IRL. Filmed in the town where my closest shop is, the pub there, my vet and my favourite places on the planet along the coast. Was funny to see the Maccas sign covered with a quarentine sign lol.

I would love to live near Kalgan again. My teenage playground. The beach scene is on my favourite ever beach, spent hours upon hours there (although does not do the beach justice being filmed on a choppy day). So obviously the locality appealed to me. The story is a bit cheeky, but defo believable. I am SURE that is not the first time the hospital has received a patient in a tractor bucket. Seems they've taken bits of true stories to wind into this fictional one. It was sad but sweet and a nice slow, rainy day watch. I recommend watching if you want to see my part of the world :)
 

s k

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
82
Age
52
Location
Sweden
Happened to binge watch through 5 seasons of Young Sheldon.
Wouldn't say it's particular good... but not as bad as I thought.
Also extremely easy to watch. Short harmless episodes that just pass by without you barely notice it. lol

/SK
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Locke and key season 3. Somehow the acting has got even worse. Seems same old similar stories to the last two seasons. Watchable, nothing special. I wish they would just take the awkward swearing out and brand it as a kids show. The keys are cool.

Sandman - if Edward Cullen was a dream maker man. Feels a bit shallow in terms of what happens on screen, there is obviously more to it, more depth we dont see. Some episodes better than others.
 

s k

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
82
Age
52
Location
Sweden
Also just started to watch Locke and Key season 3.
It does suffer from the annoying, stupid teenager trope. But still, I kinda like it.

Haven't dared started Sandman. It looks more pretentious than I can be bother with at the moment.

/SK
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
That is exactly what Sandman is haha

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Alone Denmark s2 and 3. Not as good as earlier or other seasons. Far less insights. Far too much reminiscing and looking forward to going home again. No new inventions, even shelters are just copies. Why doesnt anyone even make a fish trap? Easy to tell who would not even survive living alone in a house let alone the bush. More like watching a camping trip than anything else now. Its a shame its lost its charm.

The only words I have picked up are Fish, shit and WhaleCum. No idea how anyone learns a language from tv!!
 

s k

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
82
Age
52
Location
Sweden
I am checking out the two big budget shows at the moment House of the Dragon and The Rings of Power.
Both very well made and solid series. I'm not blown away in any way... but I'm not sure what show would do that today.

Also recently binged watched the first 3 seasons of a show called Manifest.
Pulled me in surprisingly well. Even though a huge amount of "I'm not gonna tell you what's happening because you won't understand" lines annoys the hell out of me.

/SK
 
Top Bottom