• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

What are you working on?

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Crochet gets easier with practice, and quicker than you think!! The shows with good music directors help ya know when to look up ;)

I need to make some soft soled slippers next. I dont enjoy making socks much but thats what I need. I do not need any more pillows or clothes or blankets...

So I did my forward rolls. Many of them. I would NOT have done it if @Death wasnt watching though haha. I kept psyching myself out, but knowing someone would see, gave me some courage.

My stomach isnt great , I was double barrelled in the guts by my bosses shithead horse a few years ago and I think it did way more damage than I let myself feel at the time. My stomach muscles and ribs are just not right. But I still have a goal of doing a handstand forward roll next. I have a LOT of work to do to get a handstand back, hopefully it is still physically possible, but I also might die from a strangulated hernia or something. Haha. Its still at least a fair few months off. My wrists are weak AF and will,in no way, be able to hold my significant weight right away.

I want to get a good dill patch established in the garden while we have the rain. And get some more parsley and carrot to seed. Im considering putting in real grass instead of just mowing winter weeds, but I dont want it to strangle my cottage garden. The natives are struggling and need some hard pruning, but the english cottage plants seem to thrive here, even in summer.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I want to get back into blogging again, but I find it difficult enough just keeping up with the church food blog.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Currently making a crochet mushroom. I ripped up an area to put some grass in, but its still too cold to seed right now. Not much is growing food wise because of the cooler weather and shorter days but I am sure by spring I will be struggling to keep up!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I am trying to get my handstand back... but I have a lot more wobbly weight to juggle so its not moving along as fast as I would like. The grass in the garden looks like green carpet and I am desperate to cartwheel on it, but I dont want to dislocate an elbow and my arms are no where near strong enough to do it yet.

I did some "weights" exercise with the mallet today, but because I was already working Im pretty sure I used the wrong muscles in my neck rather than strengthening my arms as intended. I have to remember to keep working on them, its not that I dont want to or dont have the motivation, it is that I totally forget! Until I see a spot I want to tumble on and remember I am too weak and it would end in tragedy.

Wont be long until I can roll out the airtrack again, although that is tougher to handstand on than grass is. I am unsure if I will put it out the back or inside again. I do have the space out side but worry about damaging it and that I dont really spend much time on the patio without the company of the buns or the tv. See another reason I need a doggo! Although with the mosquitoes this season, it wouldnt be fun for anyone.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
WOOO I did a cartwheel on the grass! Actually I did 3 before my wrists started to complain. Wasn't exactly planned, but the soft green grass was so inviting, and I was warmed up and I had an audience of many different birds. Can't claim they were perfect, but the last one felt really good and clicked something around my hip that now feels awesome and free. I never expect to get any acrobatic skill back above the basics, but if I can maintain a level of strength to do these things, then that puts me in a much better position approaching 40 with all my injuries.

I have been using the rubber mallet as a weight the last few days and am pretty impressed with how quickly my muscles woke up. My handstands are a longer way off. At least there is some momentum with a cartwheel so the weight isnt on my arms long enough for them to buckle lol. It was bloody hot today so I am stoked I got to do a cartwheel on the grass before summer killed it :)
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
It's the big reorder post summer holidays, so working on what we need to get before Christmas.

Home wise, got a new Lego set so been doing that, it's not a big set but the cat thinks I'm ignoring him when I do it, so it's taking longer than it used to!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I want to get the knitting loom out again and start making a rug for winter, have to see if I can remember how it goes!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have been working on another rag rug since I've lost all my muscles again haaha.

This arvo I found two old watering cans with holes in them, so I thought I might fill them up with dirt and plant herbs in the top. Maybe mint or some other easy care plant. I have to put it in here or I will forget my idea! (I will probably forget anyway, until I come back and see the post in a week lol)
 
Last edited:

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Well I can't find the hook for the loom knitting, got wool and the loom I want to use, but no hooks, it's probably hidden with the loom I used to make a wash cloth, and I can't find that one either!
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
Uhoh. I feel ya, I lost the crochet hook I need to finish a blanket too!

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I've started to fill the watering cans, until a legless lizard scared the pants off me! So then I went out to work on the arch instead, moved one of the heart shaped concrete blocks and ANOTHER legless lizard spooked me. Cheeky little buggers. I do much prefer to find them over snakes, but on first glance they look the same!!

Im not sure how well this arch will hold up. I have been wanting to do it for ages, previous arches were made, but then broken before they went out to use. This time I used wattle branches, so I hope they take a bit longer to completely dry out and crack. Maybe by then the wisteria would have wrapped it enough to hold itself. I did leave it a bit late in the year, so knocked a few flower buds off, but I am sure that wild purple beast of a plant will not suffer for it.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Mother gave me a diamond art kit for Christmas so I'm taking that to craft group when I go there as it's easier to do it there and I don't have to keep clearing the table to do it here.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Yeah that would be easier to do at a group by far. Fiddly is hard at home with distractions and pets who nick bits!! Haha. Send me a pic when its done!

I've started another crochet blanket. I've just finished one for my neighbour and liked it so much, I want one another one for me. My fireplace is broken so no heating this year.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I finished crocheting all of Lilahs winter wardrobe so wanted to make me a matching jumper but I have run out of pink. I stalled on the blanket for me cos mum organised a chimney repairman so I will have heat this winter now. Already got wood for half of it too but now starts the kindling collection!

I want to crochet something right now but the dog is asleep on my lap and i cant move to find a hook and want to start something different... Started watching Alone Sweden for diy inspo but its got subtitles so I cant do and watch at the same time! How did all you Scandinavians manage to learn english from tv? Im forever in awe of it lol.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I'm working on a virtual walk, it's 774km, and at the moment I'm almost 10% through it, hoping to get it done by October. I needed motivation to get exercising again and doing the Camino de Santiago is helping with that. One day I'd love to do it for real, but that's a long way off.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Camino de Santiago


Wheres this? Thats a long way! Goodluck :)

I've always wanted to walk the bibbulmun track and have camped and done sections of it but never the whole thing obviously. Ya need a few months and dollars for that! And apparently its as busy as a hiker highway these days. Which is probably a good thing considering all the wild pigs and snakes on it lol. It was my planned zombie apocalypse route out of the city if it ever came to that haha.



Im crocheting a hood now.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Wheres this? Thats a long way! Goodluck :)
Starts in France and goes all through Spain.

I think there's an Aussie based one that came be done, 240km Great Ocean Road, around the coast of Victoria
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Starts in France and goes all through Spain.

I think there's an Aussie based one that came be done, 240km Great Ocean Road, around the coast of Victoria

How do the virtual walks work? I dont take my phone on my usual Lilah walks so probably wouldnt work for me. 240km is almost average drive to the city and back haha. I wonder how far some of the hitchhikers I see have gone. Definitely not as pretty or packed scenery as France and Spain! Lovely.

Still working on the hood. I am so easily distracted. Been on my phone looking at more puppies... Lilah is asleep on top of me. I did do a bit of gardening before. Planted a dill seedling out and once again tried to start some herb cuttings. Of course its a warm 24C so im doubtful any will take, my timing is off again! But I am determined to get that garden bed FULL of herbs before summer comes back
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
It's an app, and you can either sync your exercise or manually type it in.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Craft group is back tonight after the Easter break, so going to try and get more of the diamond art done.
 
SwanSong
SwanSong
I was wondering if you still did group

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Hood is done and I love it. An "alone" inspired piece. Cos the norway one had all these cool winter clothes ideas! We just dont have much of that here.

My dill was looking dead earlier in the day. It was supposed to be raining with huge storms today, they never came and I was banking on them to water it in. The cuttings are fine to die, I can do them again, but I dug a hole for that potted dill, So I dont want that to die lol. Went to bunnings today to try and get seeds and seedlings. No luck. Pretty terrible selection there. I will have to dig through my garden cupboard and really see what I can use up in there. Desperate for more blueberry bushes!
 
Top Bottom