• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

The Book of Tobit

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Finally started my read of this one, and first up Asmodeus! Tobit 3:8.

I don't have normal Bible next to me so I'm reading it in my Creative one, and I have no idea what I would draw for these pages! Maybe a goat!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
inspire-catholic-bible-cover.png

It's the one I do my art in.
 

Lucifer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
196
Age
40
SPN Lucifer would love a creative Bible! He’d draw little hearts around his own name and make corrective notes, to the stories about him, in the lined margins.

I love my creative Bibles, I’ve two and I find them very inspirational. That Inspire cover is really pretty, I was looking at that one when I bought mine.

I’m a margin writer so I tend to write in most of my books, and I’ve made notes in non-creative Bibles as well. They’re not idols after all. Though there are certainly editions I wouldn’t color or write in.

Now I want to read Tobit too! Maybe I’ll get to it when I’ve done my school readings. :)
 

Gabriel

I blow
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
224
Location
Naptown
You f'in heathens! All of you!
I’m a margin writer so I tend to write in most of my books,
and that quote really offended me! Oh my. You should have put a trigger warning because I am triggered for real. I have NEVER written in a book or highlighted anything in a book.
 

Lucifer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
196
Age
40
You f'in heathens! All of you!

and that quote really offended me! Oh my. You should have put a trigger warning because I am triggered for real. I have NEVER written in a book or highlighted anything in a book.

You should try it! It is how I love books. Books are best in a well-used condition.

Pristine editions I like, but only if they’re from the library. Library books should be handled with care.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
If I write in a book, I do tend to buy another copy to just read. I have several journalling Bibles to write and draw in, but I have others that I wouldn't.
 

Gabriel

I blow
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
224
Location
Naptown
If I write in a book, I do tend to buy another copy to just read.
This is even more madness!! And now I think you all have conspired to just mess with my mind. You buy two books- one to read and one to write in?
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Kids at school used to hunt for my used books, just for the notes and artwork (when I say artwork, I mean stick figures acting out stories over various pictures and pages). No one needs that many in class hours to learn maths and geography. Had to keep myself amused ;)

I used to worry that people would think I was psychotic for writing and drawing all over my bible, but then I realised most christians do it. Just mine is MUCH prettier than boring straight lines in blue pen like the warden does. I grab whichever pen is closet. Sometimes its a pink highlighter or orange felt tip. I need bigger margins!

I love the books that make me feel like a normal human. Tobits prayer for death, jonahs tanty, the entirity of habakkuk... This kind of bible study is so much more fun than gloom and doom sunday school ever was!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I did paint some sunsetting colours in Tobit, I haven't finished the page yet though, it's just the background I've done.

I've read a bit more, starting to meet Raphael, I do wish we had seen him more in SPN
 

Lucifer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
196
Age
40
I just read through Tobit. Asmodeus is so the whatever ”demon no 3” in a cast list :p SPN-Lucifer was right to call him the weakest ;)

What is interesting is his obsession with Sara (killing all her husbands).

Rafael is more of a character in the story, does make me wish we had gotten some more archangel-action from the not Gabriel and Michael set. I love Gabriel, Michael not so much, but we saw too little of both Uriel and Raphael.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Is it not just Sleep with Sam and die, but with Sarah instead!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I'm wanting to read through Tobit again soon, so I'll have to see who pops up in it.
 
Top Bottom