• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

The Tribe

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Did this show make it to air outside of Oz and NZ? A low budget tw/een sci fi drama from the late 90's. I am not sure I ever saw the end of it so thought it might be a fitting watch with the current events :cool:

After world wide virus wipes out all of the adults in the world, the children try to survive by forming tribes and wearing make up. I was hooked as a kid, soap style sci fi is my fave!


 
Last edited:
Shurley
Shurley
I LOVED this show as a kid, so, yes, it made it out to the rest of the world :D

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Notable moments so far -

Trudy threatening Bray with a plastic butter knife
Bray being the hunky toy boy with feather hair that everyone crushes on, yet the brother of the most evil one
Lex trying to rape Zandra before cheating on her and then marrying her 2 days later as the mall is invaded, before she is blown up in an explosion while carrying his unborn baby.
Jacks voice breaking
Ticks for diversity - a mixed race cast and a deaf child including a red head chubby chick.
Death, disease, sex, suicide, bulimia, addiction, PTSD , Post natal depression, gambling and under age binge drinking all covered over the first two seasons
Trudy being snatched by a cult and then grooming Patsy to also join the cult.
Brady being a baby for far too long and no one noticing until she suddenly has a penis
Selene trying to rape Bray (who totally wants it)

That is about where I am up to in s2 so far. I cant really remember what happens but some bits I do. Crazy screaming Trudy is great, so much greater than screaming Danny. Cant wait til Amber returns and Alice finds out that Lex is in love with Tai San.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I am up to season 4 now and missed some bits cos I just let youtube run all day. Perfect sort of show for that.

The Chosen was far more sinister than it looked. Suicide death cult on teen tv.
Ned needed to die, and I still have no clue why he kidnapped the mothers
Characters just disappear and I am not sure who comes back
Dee has a horrible accent and face
The Technos nail pervert faces
Need better names for babies... Bray and Brady? Boo.
The ferals only purpose is so Selene can play happy families with Pride, but at least they are better than tally and andy who looked like rag dolls on screen.

No regrets watching this :D The pandemic might be over before I finish it.
 
Top Bottom