• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

S03 E01 The Magnificent 7

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
The season begins with brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) bracing themselves for the possibility of an apocalyptic war. They realize that hunting down the hundreds of spirits that escaped from the Devil's Gate—a doorway to Hell briefly opened at the end of the previous season—will be an enormous task. With only a year left to live—he made a demonic pact to resurrect Sam—Dean decides to live life to the fullest and exhibits a carefree attitude that troubles Sam, who is trying to find a loophole. Friend and fellow hunter Bobby Singer (Jim Beaver) informs the brothers about a supernatural sighting in Nebraska, which turns out to be demonic manifestations of the Seven Deadly Sins. While investigating, they meet Isaac (Peter Macon) and Tamara (Caroline Chikezie), a husband and wife team of hunters. Isaac and Tamara trail one of the demons to a bar, but discover that all the patrons are demonically possessed. The two are restrained, and Isaac dies after being forced to drink drain cleaner. Before the demons can target Tamara, Bobby and the Winchesters crash their car into the building. They throw the personification of Envy into the trunk, and drive away with Tamara. The hunters interrogate the demon and then exorcise it. Later that night, the other Sins track them down. During the scuffle, a mysterious blonde named Ruby (Katie Cassidy) saves Sam and kills three demons with a magical knife—demons are typically immune to physical harm—before departing. The rest of the Sins are exorcised. As Sam continues his research the next day, Dean reveals that a clause in his pact will end Sam's life if he tries to escape the deal

Supernatural (season 3) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dean at the beginning of season 3 is the Dean I like to see! He does not get enough fun in his life!
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I like the new starting graphics, makes it look darker.

Yes Dean getting laid is what's needed, him so carefree is great. I have a feeling I'm glad that we don't have smell o vision!

I don't like the married couple, but Bobby all suited up is great though.

I like the new demons though, them being able to tell people to do things, it's a continuation of what Andy was able to do with his demon powers.

Angry Bobby!

Interesting that Pride calls Sam the Boy-King.

I really don't remember much about this Ruby.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I like this Ruby too - and forgotten I had! I guess I kinda see this one as less evil, although I know it is the same one. I get a kick out of later Ruby being married to Jarred in RL. Family is more than blood!

Boys need more real fun and less awkward fun
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
Honorable Mentions
3x01_0575.jpg

The introduction of the trunk symbol that will later show up on Baby.

3x01_0600.jpg

Dean:
What’s in the box?... Brad Pitt? Seven? No?

3x01_0238.jpg

That short moment with the hand is so funny :D

10
3x01_0310.jpg

The introduction of Ruby.

9
3x01_0093.jpg

Sam: Let me see your knife.
Dean: What for?
Sam: So I can gouge my eyes out.
Dean: It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam.
Sam: It's a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean.

8
3x01_0503.jpg

This whole scene in the bar is very intense, especially once it's revealed that everyone in there is a demon, but the hunter couple.

7
3x01_0815.jpg

Bobby: Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

6
3x01_1099.jpg

Dean: Whatever. You're alive, I feel good – for the first time in a long time. I got a year to live, Sam. I'd like to make the most of it. So what do you say we kill some evil sons of bitches and we raise a little hell, huh?

5
3x01_0888.jpg

Smarty!Pants Dean.

4
3x01_0902.jpg

The demon knife!

3
3x01_1059.jpg

Sam confronting Dean about his attitude and the deal and everything.

2
3x01_0846.jpg

This whole discussion with Pride and him calling Sam the Boy King.

1
3x01_0660.jpg

Discovering the truth about the demons and this guy's whole speech about humanity and his lack of fear of the guys. Just a great scene.

Rating - 6/10
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
10
3x01_0310.jpg
UVM9.gif

The introduction of Ruby.

9
Sam:
Let me see your knife.
Dean: What for?
Sam: So I can gouge my eyes out.
Dean: It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam.
Sam: It's a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean.

8
The whole scene in the bar is very intense, especially once it's revealed that everyone in there is a demon, but the hunter couple.

7
Bobby:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

6
Dean:
Whatever. You're alive, I feel good – for the first time in a long time. I got a year to live, Sam. I'd like to make the most of it. So what do you say we kill some evil sons of bitches and we raise a little hell, huh?

5
3x01_0888.jpg
be612d655f116dc9a45025e4c02959d0d72415f4.gifv
u6NdoMO.jpg

Smarty!Pants Dean.

4
3x01_0902.jpg
9035f2a68202cab13d9b5ceedfc06f30c8b2a41f_00.gif

The demon knife!

3
Sam confronting Dean about his attitude and the deal and everything.

2
3x01_0846.jpg
The whole discussion with Pride and him calling Sam the Boy King.

1
Discovering the truth about the demons and Gluttony's whole speech about humanity and his lack of fear of the guys. Just a great scene.

Rating - 6/10
 
Top Bottom