• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

Capsule wardrobes

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Do you have one? I'm trying to sort through my clothing getting rid of anything that doesn't fit or doesn't suit. I think that I could do a capsule wardrobe, but that would require me to get rid of my rather large collection of geeky t shirts!

Although I've seen some capsule wardrobes be anything from 7 pieces to 37, not including shoes and accessories.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I change shape so often it is really quite ridiculous. I recently got rid of all my larger clothes due to peer pressure of "never allowing myself to get that big again" . Well I didnt have a choice when my body got messed up. So I got big again and brought a bunch of new extremely cheap clothes, that have already got holes in.

So, I rekon, keep anything that is quality. Even if it doesnt fit now, one day you might need it, when money is tight. But maybe limit this to one suitcase somewhere.

I had all my 90's stuff when I moved thrown out :( it was never going to fit me but I was waiting to sell it! Quality 90's surf wear LOL!

Never get rid of geeky tshirts :p
 

Bela Talbot

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
319
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm going to do a major closet overhaul next month. It just makes me crazy having too much stuff for my (tiny) closet.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Marie Kondo showed me the fancy folding, so I have started doing that now and all of my clothes fit in two draws under the bed. Including the fan t-shirts ;) My dresses and show gear still hang in the walk in but everything else is in the draws. It's all stayed remarkably tidy. My weight has really stabilized so that makes it all much easier too! I actually need to go shopping for stuff without holes in it haha. I do want to buy new and think I will look at riding apparel again for my day clothes. They are expensive, but they were made for it.. I tend to forget what I am wearing when I go out into the garden...
 
Top Bottom